Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Modern American Music Post VI

So I have been having a hard time thinking of what to blog about and then my friend sent mea link to this song and I was like okay here it is.

Anyway I never knew I liked this type of music before this course and my friend started showing me older music that he likes.

This is a song sing by Billie Holiday called They Can't Take That Away From Me. The song itself shows how much has stayed the same in music as well as the incredible differences! First the subject of the song (love) is the same as so many popular songs we listen to today. However a big difference is that this actually seems to hold meaning. She isn't talking about how she loves him and blah blah blah heartbreak the end like most teen artists seem to these days. It also isn't all about sex but instead she shows an appreciation for how he smiles and how no one can take that feeling away from her.

Link to the song::

http://youtu.be/ehMx12dSF6w

It just amazes me how we have downgraded in such a way that we are derogatory more than actual meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment