Monday, October 29, 2012

Modern American Music Post VII

So I may do more than one blog this week... I don't really know. It depends on if I get another bout of inspiration or not...

Anyway I was thinking about the hurricane (Sandy if we would like to use her proper name) and thought about how many songs are about rain and storms and such... Well I looked it up and as it turns out someone has already done an article/blog about it here.

While looking over the list I found that while it's true these are all hurricane songs they are not in fact any that I have really listened to. So I am now on a search and I challenge anyone who reads my blog to do the same. Find one song (or multiple if it suits your fancy) and post it in the comments. If it mentions a storm, rain, anything to do with this type of weather it is fair game. Metaphorical is fair and so is the song if it's only in the title.

Here are two now:

Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season-Jimmy Buffett

Let It Rain-Michael W. Smith (Worship song)

Have at it! And stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Immediately I thought of this song by Something Corporate called "Hurricane". My roommate in college used to listen to it all the time!! Really took me back remembering this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wJegrRzv8

    ReplyDelete